Word of the Lord (Verbum Domini)
|Availability:||In stock (1)|
|Available in store:||Check availability|
Part One: The Word of God
Benedict focuses on the ultimate reality of divine revelation as the source of the word. He highlights the role of the Trinity and how the Holy Spirit acts through the word of God. He highlights Mary as a model for all believers.
Part Two: The Word in the Church
The Church is the "home of the word," the place where it speaks to us especially through the liturgy. The word of God gives life to the Church and plays a vital role in catechesis, pastoral activity, prayer, and the sacraments. Scripture leads us to meet and know Jesus.
Part Three: To Proclaim the Word of God to the World
Pope Benedict focuses on many ways in which the word of God is at the source of the Church's mission. God's word is so powerful that it changes us, and impels us to go out to others to bring them the good news.
- The meaning of divine revelation
- The relation of Scripture and Tradition
- Our response to God's word
- How to understand the Bible
- Why fundamentalism distorts Scripture
- Christians and the Jewish Scriptures
- How the liturgy breaks open the word
- The word of God and the Eucharist
- Lectio divina
- Mary, our model for hearing God's word
- The word of God and the Church's mission
- How the word of God fosters social justice
- The word of god and culture
- Dialogue with other religions